• Zcash was launched in 2016
• Zcash was co-founded by Alessandro Chiesa, Matthew Green, Ian Miers, Christina Garman, Aviel D. Rubin.
• Zcash developers are lead cryptographers and developers from UC Berkley and John Hopkin’s University
• Zcash All time high price is $2,044.47
• It works on Proof of work mining & uses Equihash algorithm
Zcash was forked out of Bitcoin and launched in October 2016. The mining algorithm of Zcash cryptocurrency is known as Equihash. It was developed at the John Hopkins’ University
Zcash addresses are either private (z-addresses) or transparent (t-addresses). The two Zcash address types are interoperable. Funds can be transferred between z-addresses and t-addresses. Zcash supports transactions that require multiple signatures. The block size of each Zcash block is 2MB.
Zcash (ZEC) has a total maximum supply of 21 million coins, like Bitcoin, and is mined through a POW Equihash algorithm. All 21 million are expected to be mined by 2032. It uses specific zero-knowledge proofs called zk-SNARKs (zero-knowledge succinct non-interactive arguments of knowledge).